Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The 10-A-Day: What Am I Doing?

I <3 New York!!!!! An original photo I took a little after my move....Isn't she lovely?
No, really, what am I doing?? My move to New York City wasn't quite as seamless as I thought it would be (but I'm doing so much better now, promise!!), and the acting jobs I want aren't coming in quite like I thought. Don't get me wrong, there are opportunities everywhere here, but I'm pretty careful about what I wanna put on my resume. I know I need to start from the bottom, and I'm more than willing to do that, I'm just not trying to pose nude for a car wash video set to air on an adult pay-per-view channel after football games this season  ......yeah, offers get like that.

So,  since I'm not getting the work I want, I'm still gonna do the work I want at home. Specifically, I'm gonna do 10 things everyday to help further my career starting......tomorrow. I got this idea off of another site, and I thought it was wonderful!! By doing ten acting-related activities a day, it will turn into about 70 by the end of the week, so think about how much knowledge I'll have gained by the end of the year! What I plan to do is make a list every morning when I wake up of 10 things I can do to fill my brain up with everything and anything acting! Whether it's reading a play, watching a film, or memorizing a monologue, the possibilities are endless! I am sharing my journey with all of you because it gives me a little more incentive to stick with it, and hopefully it inspires some of my readers to jumpstart their own path to success, as well.
So, tune in tomorrow to see what I come up with :-)

(.....just not during the car wash video airing for $3.99 this football season because I definitely won't be in it.)

Thanks!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment