Saturday, November 7, 2015

But What Does Friendship Cost?


I told my friend goodbye,
Too many times today.
I told my friend I would not cry,
But I did so anyway.

I know the price of water lilies -
The ones on Florist Street -
I know the price to see the Phillies,
And the cost of the best seat.

I know the price of honey dew,
And the sunshine so bright and fair -
I know the price of silk-so-blue,
And the price of a peach and pear.

I know the price of yesterday,
And all that I have lost.
I know the price of love astray,
But what does friendship cost?

Its worth is of great smiles - 
A beating heart not blue.
Its worth is a million miles -
And joyous teardrops too.

I told my friend goodbye today -
And felt what I had lost.
I saw my friend just cry today -

Is this what friendship costs?

No comments:

Post a Comment