Sunday, April 8, 2012

It's Dinner Time: Who Said Easter Couldn't Be Healthy?


If you saw my post this time last Sunday, I created a meal that was superbly delicious, exceptionally exquisite, and full of unwanted calories. Although it’s nice to have a meal of tasteful treats from time to time, it’s not so great finishing your food feeling as though you’ve gained 42 pounds. So, tonight, I chose to create a meal that was equally as delectable without giving me the sense that I just ate for two elephants, four pro-football players, and an entire team of Sumo wrestlers. 
Basically, I chose not to have a starter, infusing my main course with lots of greens while embracing my sweet tooth during dessert, giving the entire meal a pretty fair balance (I mean, it is Easter...) 
So I began with a sandwich of my own design, consisting of whole grain bread, spinach, feta, green peppers, avocado, and a homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing. 
The ingredients!!! 

For the dressing: 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon of ground mustard, 1 clove of garlic(or 1 teaspoon of pre-chopped garlic), and a pinch of salt and pepper!
Whole grain bread.

Place spinach like so....

Green peppers on the right and avocado on the left! (doesn't really matter...)

Sprinkle feta and drizzle with the dressing!

Bon Apetit!!
Now for dessert!!! (It's basically what I made last Sunday but with white chocolate...) Melt butter in double boiler, add 8 oz. of white chocolate, once melted-remove from heat. Add three eggs, 1/3 cup of flour, and 1/3 cup of sugar, and mix it up...

Such a pro.


I used cupcake wrappers--just makes things easier. Put it in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 400.



 I ate mine with blackberries, as you can see....so good!!

Thanks for reading!!! xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment