Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Skin Regimen: What’s Your Routine?

I have no shame.
This is my Lancome "Pure Empreinte Masque."
It's a purifying mineral mask with white clay.

Even though I’m only 22, I know, one day, my face will be wrinkly, withered, and irreversibly aged. Please don’t misconstrue my perspective on aging, because I believe wrinkles, in some ways, help tell a story about a woman’s life. When I was little, I loved sitting on my grandma’s lap and visually synthesizing the lines of her face, because I knew she earned them. So, to clarify my personal philosophy on old age, I definitely don’t associate beauty with youth, as our modern society does. I don’t believe that women over 60 are automatically aesthetically displeasing, because none of us are getting any younger, so I have no right to play critic.
However, I do believe in taking care of my skin, so I’m dedicating this particular post to the value of skin care, especially for my fellow-females. I definitely try and take care of my skin everyday, but, today, I’m changing my negligent ways and constructing an actual skin regimen that I can strictly adhere to, and one that you may embrace too, if you like. Also, I’m getting really sick of wearing makeup all the time- so I want my skin to look naturally healthy.

Eloise Rose’s Face Regimen

Prefacing Rules for Regimen:
  1. Wash face twice a day, once every morning (should be first priority after waking up) and every night before bed. 
*May wash face more as needed, i.e. after eye-brow waxes, gym, etc.
  1. Never go to sleep with makeup on, especially if this circumstance is easily avoidable.
  2. After every face-wash, always, always, always moisturize!!!

The Regimen:

Morning Routine
  1. Immediately after waking up, wash face with skin-cleanser.
  2. After washing face, apply astringent, then toner.
  3. Moisturize.
  4. Apply makeup, if needed.

Evening Routing
  1. Use eye makeup remover to remove any mascara, eyeshadow, liner, etc.
  2. Use towelette to remove other make up.
  3. Wash face.
  4. Apply astringent, then toner.
  5. Moisturize.
  6. Apply other skin cream over possible or potential breakouts. Leave this on overnight.

So this is my routine from now on. I’m planning to wear a face mask approximately once a week as well. Also, invest in skin-care products that work well for you and your own, unique facial chemistry. You don’t need to spend a fortune on these products, but they’re definitely worth the purchase!

Okay, well thank you for reading! Also, do you have any skin-care routines as well?? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment