Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spring Decor Pt. II: Where Did I Get All of It?!



In my previous blog post I forgot to mention where I purchased all of my stuff/how I put everything together.

I made the canopy over my bed, not really knowing what I was doing. This decorating venture really was THE definition of winging it so I didn't wanna spend too much $$ in case I messed anything up and I held on to all of my receipts like a mad person throughout the process.

I found that the hard part wasn't in finding inexpensive materials to accomplish this redecoration feat, but in putting in the work to make everything look perfect, especially when SO much of it was hanging up the drapery (don't get me wrong, it's the look I wanted!!), but I'm only 5'2'', so that was definitely quite a challenge. And then, when the drapery was finally up, adding the floral detailing and lighting was such a pain in my side.....  Nothing wanted to stay where I told it too, but, luckily, I worked my magic, made it exactly how I wanted, and I couldn't be happier!

 But the canopy is 'home-made,' by me, of a recipe I concocted and I really had NO idea how the result would taste, the ingredients of which consist of three sheets of 3-yd fabric, rope, floral decor, and metal tacks all from Jo-Ann Fabric.  The white luminaries are from Target!!
(I also really thought that the 3yd fabric would be enough for so much of the room, and I could use the extra draping for different decorative arrangements in the space, but, of course, I was very wrong....)
I really played around with it SO much to make it perfect and, yes, I moved all the furniture myself too...really wasn't as bad as I thought and I got quite a work out!!

Anyway, the curtain over my window? $5 from Target, or $4.74 to be exact w/ the Jo-Ann fabric rope and metal tacks....I don't care how I was going to do it, I've always wanted curtains held up by rope in my bedroom and I love it.

Both the throw blankets were around twenty bucks from Target, my Zen lamp....also Target, as well as my dim-able floor lamp and desk lamp. Let me tell you, finding the matching bulbs for these lamps was such a pain... I don't understand lightbulb lingo.... but, fortunately, I knew just enough to get my way around, and I found the right ones!! (I think anyway... I mean, they all work...)

And the green draping in my little cozy corner is also Jo-Ann.
Floral decor in cozy corner- Jo-Ann
Some of the greenery hanging on the green draping - Target ($6 a pop.)
Orange luminaries - Target
The waterfall - $5 from 5 Below

The greenery and floral decor located on my book shelf over the floor lamp all from Jo-Ann...
The sun mirror all of the floral decor attaches itself to is from Target ($20)

The 'curtain' over my desk is also just another piece of fabric from JoAnn...the floral decor, curtain hook, and rope are all JoAnn too.

So, at the end of this pretty daunting task, I discovered that pushing yourself to try and execute a process that you've never quite fulfilled before might be scary, but it's totally worth it!! I can honestly say that I put all of this together myself from the ground up with ZERO assistance, and, because of that, I can't wait to do it again :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment