Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Little Lookbook: What Are Your Favorite Spring Basics?

All right, so I recently felt motivated to do a mini-spring lookbook of basics that I plan to wear and build on this season!! I know it isn't very Spring-like right now with all this rain/snow nonsense, but warm weather is right around the corner and I can't wait!! Again, I only took these on my little phone (which is literally nearing the end of its life and I can barely text/call anybody on it..let alone take pictures, so I have no idea how I managed this one.) But I hope you enjoy!!! This is just a little-bitty blueprint, and I plan to make more interesting outfits out of these fairly basic ones!
What favorite spring basics do you have in your wardrobe?!
Let me know! :-)

Okay, so the picture definitely doesn't do this ensemble justice. This is a beautiful ivory slip with the most stunning floral and feminine detailing, and I plan to wear it everyday I can this spring!! Underneath is a sheer, black skirt and matching ..bra. I like the look of a black hue underneath an ivory one, and I think it's definitely a combination I plan to embrace this Spring. Also, you don't get any more basic than this: it's simply just a sheer black skirt, a bra, and an ivory slip. And there are SO many ensembles I could come up with using these little pieces.
I LOVE BRACELETS. Again, since I wanted to keep it simple, I didn't really go as far with my bracelets as I sometimes do (that's a different blog post..), but I just wanted to add a little something :-)
I added a hat!!! I love it.
And a statement earring, on only ONE ear. I think that look is really cool. I've definitely rocked it before, and if you do, just learn to ignore the people that tell you you're missing an earring...
Okay, so I removed the slip adding a sheer, button-down black top! (I tied it at the waist.. again, the quality of this picture really doesn't capture the look the way I would like it too, but hey.) Anyway, white on white is really in this season, so I thought.. what would the opposite look like?! I love both combinations, but I wanted to do something a little different...

Remember how I said I love bracelets? Well, I love rings just as much! (Again, that's a different blog post...)

Just a simple earring! This time on both ears.
Just a closer look at the top.... 
Now with a semi-sheer white top - here it is bunched at the waist...
...here I just let it down.
Replaced the skirt with some white-washed cut-off shorts! See! I told you I liked the white on white combo ... and I think it's really cool in this look. (All jewelry is the same as in previous pics, with the simple earrings in this outfit, but there is SO much I could add and take away to this look and I'm so excited to rock it this spring.)
I added a leather jacket!! I recently got it and now I'm completely obsessed with it....

Isn't this detailing so cool?!
Replaced the cut-off shorts with leather leggings. There is so much I could do with this outfit!! From statement earrings, to colorful heels, to necklaces, and even to a different-colored basic top, the possibilities are endless!! Imagine it with a red top or even an emerald green! 
Okay, so I replaced the leggings with this awesome orange/turquoise skirt, lost the jacket, and rocked an elongated statement necklace -- while tucking the white top in. 
So the moment I saw this dress when I was browsing online I knew that I just had to have it. I fell completely in love with it..
I kept all the same jewelry!! It looks cool, but, when the dress arrived...
It reminded me of how short I am.
In the previous pics I maneuvered the extra fabric to make the piece appear more fitted, but there is so much extra fabric on the back, that I need to get it tailored before I actually rock it when I'm out. This isn't the manufacturer's fault nor is it mine, I'm just too short for it. It's an XS, but it was made for someone about 7 feet taller than me.... ;)
See!! A little tailoring job will do the trick.
Added a sweater to make it a little more casual...
And lost the sweater and all of the jewelry besides my simple earrings, only adding a pair of heels while putting my hair up...to make it more formal.
Okay, so I pulled my sheer black skirt/bra combo again for this look, and placed my favorite slip over the duo. Again, looks way cooler in person, but the sheerness of the top combined with the sheerness of the skirt creates a really smooth yet dynamic look. (Smooth because of the shared sheerness, dynamic because of the completely contrasting hues.) I absolutely adore this slip...
So here's another little outfit that includes it. I paired the slip with an ivory slip and a jean jacket. It's extremely simple, but it definitely serves as a foundation for some really wonderful looks!! I can't wait to come up with more throughout the season!

Okay, so this is just a brief idea of some of the pieces I plan to rock this Spring.
Are there any pieces in your own wardrobe, that are completely different from what's shown here, that you absolutely can't wait to wear this season?!
Let me know and don't be shy :-)
(Also, I didn't include shoes in these pictures because I really wanted to make it THAT basic.. again, that's a different blog post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment