Wednesday, April 9, 2014

"The Powerless"


It comes up to me,
That complaint for the day,
Of the flaws they see,
And it’s no other way!

It says I’m a joke,
It won’t let me be free!
That’s when I start to choke,
It’s so threatened by me!

It fucks with me again,
Trying to hold me back!
Only making it worse,
When I turn around and attack!

I don’t know what it is,
But this much is clear,
I know it’s not love,
It’s my freedom they fear!

Each day I just get stronger,
But I’m stifled by the cruel!
I cannot stand it any longer,
You silly fucking fools.

But I understand what they do,
To block my pathway to freedom -
They’re scared of how strong I’ll become,
In my own kingdom!!

They see what’s inside me,
Thoughts burning like the sun -
Yet they make me feel,
Like I’m also a powerless one!

I can’t fucking breathe,
And I’ll be leaving soon too!
I hate that I seethe,
Whenever I think about you.

All the wrongs of me you confess,
You see so much that isn’t true!
All because I’m not among the powerless,
Among the powerless like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment