Friday, April 10, 2015

"Directions"



He asked me to take a direction,
One that could save my life.
So he removed my inflection,
Of heartache and petty strife.

So he told me to turn left,
Down on Berry Street,
To get to the movies,
Where man and God meet!

Next he told me to listen,
To the angelic voices who critique -
So my soul will glisten,
When I’m in the movies they seek!

Then he said my words will flow,
Like the river down by the dock -
Because when I sit and write there -
I will never hear the clock!!

He keeps telling me to write more,
With my honest instrument -
He keeps telling me he wants more,
Of my honest innocence!

The sweetness so engrained,
In my Universal soul -
Is a part of all of us,
And I’d find it at Holly Knoll!

So I took a stroll there,
To find what I was missing-
Then I forgot where to go,
While I was reminiscing!

So he left me a subtle hint,
Of where to go next - 
He told me to pay attention!
As I was quite vexed!

I was encouraged to turn the corner,
On North Sixth and Bedford,
And to study the work-
Of our dear Rob Redford!

He said I will access more though,
No matter where I am -
In a magical borough -
Found in a wondrous land!

I asked him where,
Several times mind you!
This place is located -
For I haven’t a clue!!

He said I could find it,
Because it’s where our souls meet!
He said I could get there,
It’s passed Second and Ball Street!

He knows the directions are hard,
But assured with my diligence - 
That when my brain is turned on,
Nothing will rock my intelligence!

So he told me where to venture,
Despite the confusion on my face!!
And that I could go anywhere,

When I get my head in the Right Place!

No comments:

Post a Comment