Saturday, October 10, 2015

Iconic Style Basics: How Does Ursula Andress Inspire Your Wardrobe??


Ursula Andress is not only a true style icon, but she's a Bond girl, a comedian, a brilliant mind, a former love interest to the late James Dean, and one hell of a talent. She certainly embodies the whole package and that's why so many adored and still adore her work, her unique persona, and sexy, inherent charisma. Though there is so much to discuss about the iconic Andress and her distinct brilliance, in this post, I'm choosing to place a primary focus on her stylistic influence and how her fashionable impact has made its way into my own wardrobe. She is an inspiration to me, and here's why...

This is Ursula in the iconic white bikini she sports in "Dr. No" ... 
I don't have a white bikini, but the cropped bustier I'm wearing is exactly the same type of style as the bikini top Ms. Andress is wearing in the previous photo, mine is simply without straps and a bow - it's also patterned. I chose to pair it with a white skirt to parallel her white bikini bottoms in true Andress fashion..
Andress was such a fan of clean, crisp, white clothing...
And I bought this dress because of her over a year ago. I wear it all of the time, sometimes with boots, sometimes with heels, and other times with a pair of flats. It also works well with statement bracelets and rings.
She loved to show off her legs in sweet slinky tops...
Anddd so do I. There is so much I could pair this with it's ridiculous. I would provide suggestions but that truly is its own post. The jewelry, the bottoms, the hair - I can do anything with this and Andress taught me how.
This is probably my favorite look of hers - this long dark dress. 
And this is my absolute favorite dress - I treasure it. I haven't worn it to anything yet, and the only appearances it makes out of my wardrobe are the moments I'm bored and feel a need to play dress up. Like right now. I love it so much and I can't wait to wear it to something special :-)

A close up of the detailing.

And another one...
Andress in a chambray top..
....and me in a chambray top. So many ways to dress this up.
Also can be worn as a dress. 
All right, there you have it, my favorite pieces of style inspiration from the great Ursula Andress!! What are yours?? And are there any I failed to mention? Let me know and don't be shy :-)

And, as always, THANKS FOR READING Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment