Saturday, February 13, 2016

Express Yourself: Why Is It So Difficult Sometimes??

The way I feel sometimes cannot be captured through an essay - through a linkage of words that surround a thought or sequence of daydreams. Yet I still find myself hanging onto a quotation I find online, in a romantic book, or favorite motion picture. (I would list all of them but that would take up pages of blog space and neuro-links in your mind). At any rate, sometimes I need a little help expressing myself, and I would love to do it all on my own - with my own language, with my own writing, and with my own thoughts. I often have a terribly difficult time unmasking my own mind to the world, so I cover up this sense of minuscule insecurity through someone else’s words in someone else’s article in someone else’s, as I said, linkage of words. For example, instead of sharing my own writing - like I am now - I’ll find an article that perfectly says what I want to say. But why can’t I do it myself?? I have no particular disability, besides fear, and I have a brain on me that many would be grateful to have - but why am I so fearful of using it and displaying my mind the way it should be displayed?

Why can’t I express myself without the validation of an article or silly little quote?


So, as I’m trying to keep this short and sweet like all of my posts, I would like to ask my readers what they do to allow themselves to become fearless writers and artists. Do you have any techniques or tricks that allow you to express yourself the way the Universe intended you to express yourself without relying on a quote that you didn’t even come up with?? I’d love to hear your thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment