Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine's Day: Being Single Isn't THAT Bad, Okay?

This is a Valentine's Day
postcard from 1910.
I thought it was really sweet. :)

As someone who has been hopelessly (kind-of) single for the past 22 years, as well as for the past 22 Valentine’s Days, I wanted to devise a list of a few reasons why being without another half really isn’t that bad on a day when romance is celebrated...

7. No pressure to look that cute.
Hey, I’m single so I can wear whatever the hell I want on Valentine’s Day. NO uncomfortable shoes, no stockings, and absolutely no uncomfortable clothes. As someone who loves to dress cute (just for myself), I won’t have to deal with the extra hassle of making sure I wear something a guy would approve of...

6. Saving $$
This just gives me another excuse to go on a shopping spree for myself. I’m not spending money on a gift for someone else, leaving more for me and my shopping habit. :) 

5. A Food Splurge
As someone who makes an effort to eat pretty healthy on a regular basis, you know I’m gonna buy a box of chocolates and eat whatever I want when I go to Mokomandy’s with my mom (who is also my Valentine..).

4. No Expectations
Everyone always has that friend who is expecting her boyfriend to take her on a hot air balloon, treat her to a steak dinner in D.C., or even buy her a diamond necklace, but single people like me don’t have expectations that will get crashed and burned...

3. You can flirt with whoever you want.
No boyfriend= no commitment. Don’t tie yourself down to someone who is clearly not giving anything back in return. You’re free to do what you want, or who you want, for that matter.

2. More time to love yourself.
Instead of desiring someone to give you the attention and love you secretly want, why don’t you give yourself a little extra attention. Get your nails done, go out with your other single girlfriends, or buy something cute.

1. You’re single on Valentine’s Day!!
Just like we wonder what having a date on V-Day is like, sometimes couples miss the perks of being single. They wish they weren’t tied down or dealing with the pressures of a relationship, thinking that we’re the lucky ones. I don’t know about you, but I love my life right now - I certainly don’t need a guy to make me happy, and you don’t either! I know it will happen for me when the time’s right, so there’s no pressure to force anything!

So, to all my single or non-single friends, readers, and acquaintances, and no matter if you're with someone or not, have a happy and pleasant Valentine's Day!! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment