Thursday, September 19, 2013

Fave Fall Basics Pt. II: How Do You Maximize Your Wardrobe?


I had so much fun with my last post that I immediately deliberated new ideas for another fashion post after I published it - I was thinking and thinking and thinking, then I had an epiphany: At the conclusion of the post, I encouraged readers to create three outfits from pieces in their wardrobe. Then, from the pieces in those looks, I wanted them to see what other, completely different ensembles they could come up with. So, in this post, I am creating completely different looks from each and every piece I used in my last post, adding no more and no less. I wanna put my money where my mouth is, and show all of you  that it really isn’t that hard to get the most out of your wardrobe. I promise that I’ll change it up in future posts, but I though this would be a perfect follow up :)
My newest fave accessory, Little Enzo :) We were picture perfect until he decided to make my ear his latest chew toy.
This is my jean dress - I chose to pair it with my red eyelet scarf, wrap belt, yellow heels, and silver earrings this time...
My favorite basic black skirt. I love the colors in this ensemble - from the blue earrings, to the orange top, to the red belt, to the yellow heels...
Kept the skirt, complementing them with stiletto booties, black corset, shawl, and my orange earrings....
This is a really basic look. Just some jeans, sneakers, my green top, and blue-pink earrings...
Cowboy boots, tutu, and that top is actually my black mini dress...
Same outfit without the tutu....
Kept the dress on, threw my Ramones T-shirt over it, and belted it - complemented w/ ear cuffs and my fave fall booties.
The earcuffs...
My black skirt strikes again - with brown boots, earrings, and my favorite gray sweater.
Threw on my leather leggings, studded heels, and belted the top. This is an easily adaptable look - I could easily switch out the heels for some boots or flats. 
Kept the leggings on, and threw my lace up boots on. You can't really see it, but underneath the green top is my lavender bandeaux - it looks much cooler in person.

Kept the leggings for this look as well, paired with black pumps. Wearing my white button down w/ my royal blue bandeaux underneath along with my wrap belt.
My fave fall dress paired with black flats and my green tie. I  would probably wear this with my leather jacket or even a light sweater because this look is a little too sweet for me, but, of course, very comfy.
My brown slip with my leather jacket and nude flats.... 
And again with my yellow heels.



Alright so I hope this was a little helpful and showed you that maximizing your wardrobe is possible when you have a certain amount of clothes to work with! This definitely helped me organize my insane wardrobe as well as maximize it - even though I have enough clothes to last me about 12 lifetimes...

P.S. I forgot two items in this post that were present in my last one - Can you guess what they are?? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment