Sunday, September 29, 2013

My Style Muses: Who Are Yours??



I truly believe that everyone on earth has their own, unique style. Just as no two people are the same, no two styles are the same. That said, I still think the "study" of other styles can really help cultivate your own. I pull style inspiration from every angle, whether it’s from the colors in nature, a famous cartoon character, or a celebrity I see everyday in magazines. I love seeing a variety of looks and really making them my own. Though I will never allow myself to copy another’s style, I love creating my own, individual ensembles from what I discover in the world around me. So, in this post, I am pulling inspiration from some of my favorite style muses, showing you how I create looks from what inspires me while staying true to my own style.

Eloise at the Plaza

Eloise (at the plaza) wears a look that has a distinct red, black, and white color combination. I chose to embrace those color choices, but with different pieces. She wears a black skirt, white top, and red ribbon, whereas I'm wearing a red skirt, white top, and black ribbon (around my waist.).
Grace Kelly

Grace Kelly is such an icon and I absolutely adore her timeless style, unique fashion sense, and impeccable taste.  This particular look inspired the following ensemble...
I adopted Kelly's look, but edged it out with a mesh top- I thought it was a cool look.
Please ignore my non-manicured toe nails....
A closer look at the top...

Betty Boop

What a cutie.
I remained in keeping with Boop's signature red attire, sporting a black mini skirt, a red bandeaux, red heels, and some awesome jewelry...
I thought the green earrings complemented the red tones in the outfit really nicely.
A feathered headband!!! I love it.
The jewelry.
My fabulous red shoes.
The same outfit but I paired it with a jean jacket to make it a little more practical.
Lady


In this ensemble, I wanted to emulate Lady's coloring - she has beige, brown, and tan tones in her hair, and I wanted an outfit with the same hues. Her collar is blue and gold, so I am wearing a blue and gold necklace.
My necklace....
I put a jean vest over it, which has faux-fur lining - making me look more, well, like a dog. 
These shoes kind of remind me of paws so I thought they were perfect....
Jackie O

I love Jackie's style - she has such incredible taste, and this light pink dress is absolutely beautiful on her!! A true style icon!
I'm sporting a dress with the same pink-tone and length as Jackie's... but chose to accessorize the piece with my evil-eye necklace, statement earrings, and a headband.
My Jackie shoes - they make me feel so glamorous....
Audrey Hepburn
Audrey in a simple, black swing dress.
Like Audrey, I'm wearing a simple black dress. I chose to pair it with a silver statement necklace, simple earrings, black pumps, sunglasses, and an orange scarf tied around my head.
A close up.....
How could I create an Audrey outfit without my favorite Audrey-Breakfast-At-Tiffany's Trench? I love this coat and it really is a staple in my wardrobe. I wear it all the time in the fall/winter :-)
Penny Lane

I love her fluffy jacket...
...so I created an outfit with my favorite fluffy sweater. You can't really see them in the picture, but I'm wearing cut-off jean shorts with tights underneath. I chose to pair them with a light peasant top, a headband, and some booties. I love this outfit - it's so comfortable and really effortless.
Marilyn Monroe
Marilyn in her famous white, halter dress.
The outfit I'm wearing is very similar to Marilyn's, except I'm rocking it in black. I'm actually wearing a halter leotard with a skirt and sneakers. It looks like one piece, doesn't it?!

It's backless!!
My sneakers. I could've paired the outfit with some heels, but I love wearing sneakers with pieces that are seemingly more sophisticated. I think it's such a cool look and it's incredibly comfortable!

So this is just a little glimpse of how I incorporate what inspires me into my wardrobe, making each look compatible with my own style. Despite how different my muses may be, I really love being creative with my wardrobe and constructing looks that suit me. So I hope this post encouraged you to be a little more creative with your own style, and seek inspiration wherever you can! Next time you get dressed, see if you can create a few looks from what inspires you - it really is so much fun and I would love to see what you come up with! Don't be shy!! :-)

1 comment: