Sunday, October 13, 2013

There's A Storm Coming, Mr. Wayne: Wanna Check Out My Catwoman Capsule?

I saw the "Dark Knight Rises" a while ago and my favorite thing about it was, and still is, Catwoman. I love Selina Kyle's style in the film and Anne Hathaway killed those looks, which subsequently encouraged me to incorporate a little Catwoman in my own wardrobe. You see, when I dress up as a confident woman, I become a confident woman. I believe that the clothes people wear can really influence their personal energy and have such an effect on their happiness, attitude, mindset, etc. So for my fellow-fashion-savvy-females, I developed a little Catwoman capsule wardrobe, inspired by ensembles sported by Anne Hathaway in the "Dark Knight Rises," displaying looks that make me, and other women, feel purely feminine yet strong, as I hope it would for my lady readers too. I will try and remain "in character" as I discuss these little outfits...(I mean, I'm really gonna do it in character. As Selina. I won't go as far as I could with it though, because this is a blog post, not a movie - and I'm not trying to freak anyone out.) So, without further adieu, here it goes... 

(I just ask that readers close their eyes for 10 seconds and think about nothing before you start reading. Just do it. For me. Take it seriously.........)

This is what I wore my  first time.
My first time at the castle-of-a-mansion, meeting Wayne for only a second, acting as an undercover little maid, you'll see the candy I picked up in a moment :)
This will be with me forever.
As he tells me, I'll wear those shoes if you will wear that dress.
And he wears his bravery and I kiss him everyday for it.
I kiss him with a hiss and a hisss and hissssss.
And I kiss him and I kiss him with a serenading sound of bursting love and that glorious breath of laughter he loves. With that echo of joy he craves - with that simple soft tune of memory he can only know within me or a dream.
But they were made for an easy escape like me .. apparently.
I just wanted to try that pearl necklace on. At my house. With no intention of letting him play with it again.
His broken wings didn't stand a chance :-)
I saw him after that though.
He wanted the necklace...



 ...and I wanted catnip.
I said there was a storm coming. Pity he didn't believe me. 
So he got it back.

That's why there are no jewels on this black dress but me and a pair of heels.
But I had to go.
With my black dress.
With my black, decaying, corroding heart.

 Because I knew an evil I did not want to know.
I knew an atrocity I did not want to grow.
And I had a face that I did not want to show.
Yet I had a soul that simply could not, that simply could not, ...it simply couldn't go.

Have you known a force so terrible that demands you to betray a soul you love, for the sake of saving your own - for the sake of saving more than just yourself?
For the sake of saving more than just your budding career in honorable, ethical theft? (...We all do it, even when it's "right." We do it and we do it and we do!)
That's why I left.


That's why I'm in handcuffs.
And that's why I'm in inmate orange.
Chained feet.
Chained wrists.
Then an unchained soul. Bane let us go - and I got a clean slate.
Notice the necklace.
Some black boots, leather leggings, a sweater, and an awesome, comfy kitttty scarf.

Black shirt, black leather leggings, black belt, black killlller boot heels. :)

I bought them with money I found in my desk. Really, from bday envelopes I never opened prior...
Switched out the top and scarf for a leather jacket to go save Wayne from Bane :) keeps me purring...
Date night! After I killed Bane, I turned his mask into a hot necklace. Side note: Batman loves my red blazer :)
My litttle kitty paws.

Bane necklace. He couldn't breathe without it - and neither could I! So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment