Wednesday, October 30, 2013

"The Lowblowers" by Eloise Banting




Glittering high heels,
An extension of my soul,
Freedom of my heart,
But they say I dance on a pole.

My spirit is so alive,
Each and everyday,
My spirit is so happy :-)
Though I cringe at what they say.

They have claws so cruel,
With sharp talons I have feared,
I shudder when he tells me,
“You’re fuckin weird!”

But I smile with a smile,
With a smile so strong,
I drop it at the doorway,
Yet it won’t stay for long.

Now one lurks in the corner!
Makes an assault so fast,
His nose so putridly nosey,
He posts a pic ridiculing a gidddy past!

Everyday I see,
 Happy happy on the card,
But another only sees static,
His post says stop trying so damn hard!

His next newsworthy attack -
Just an obsessive little insult,
Says that I’m too open, 
And that depression is my fault!

Long ago it was true,
I made mistakes so dumb,
But the crows spoke of a few -
That I already learned from!

So irrelevant so crude,
Are such heartless shock attacks,
It makes me feel better,
That I also speak long after the fact!

They spoke of things forgotten,
My dead gone issues like a hater,
Of things not their problem,
Yet I can’t too a while later?

Gossip’s spread,
Gossip’s told, 
Gossip’s Godless,
Gossip’s bold!

Yet I learn everyday,
From mistakes I humbly make,
So don’t think they’re yours,
Or your own little steps to take!

These examples are just a few,
Of what some say for fun,
They didn’t just say it to my face,
They said it to everyone!

There are definitely some others,
People that blow me to the core,
I will not name names,
But according to homegirl I’m a wh*re.

Not to worry I am healed,
And I’m a true happy camper!!
I love life each second,
My happiness won’t be hampered!

I own up to my flaws and stumbles,
And I don’t want to hold a grudge,
But I don’t need malicious words,
When it’s not your business or yours to judge. 

I wouldn’t write this poem,
If I wasn’t a little hurt,
You were nasty for a reaction,
And it obviously worked.

I have such a beautiful life,
And no need to throw a fit,
I am so indescribably happy,
(It’s wonderful!)
Just back off a little bit :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment