Wednesday, April 5, 2017

"Fallen" by Eloise Banting







Fallen

They called me a devil for my lace -
With horrors and names they were calling.
They called me the ugliest disgrace -
For I am among the fallen.

Pictures and portraits so rotten -
Caricatures of a clown.
And they said I would soon be forgotten -
Forcing me 6-feet underground.

Don’t they see my heart so pure?
My soul of the Universe’s vastness?
And every heartache ill I can cure -
But I am the one so classless.

But they need a figure -
To ease the evils of the world.
For they blame the seekers -
And they say I raise Hell on Earth.

Yet the ones who say so -
Are the ones who ignore -
The ones who need saving -
And forget what we’re here for.

The liar and the thief -
You say they are Satan too -
Who stole money for a friend -
When the devil is in you.

Because the devil is in you.

Not in the survivor -
Not in the sweet soul of the survivor.

No comments:

Post a Comment