Tuesday, April 25, 2017

WASP by Eloise Banting

Making Progress.
WASP by Eloise Banting

Daddy was a millionaire,
Mama was a gypsy.
At me the people would stare&stare,
Because I am a mutt of King Henry.

Mama knew her wrecking day --
When my daddy said he’d miss me.
In this home I cannot stay --
And on my cheek he kissed me.

People say my kind have it easy too easy --
Cus in we life we may have all we want.
But survivors come in many forms --
When half of you has gold and the other nothing to flaunt.

But there are many things money can’t buy --
That I inherited from my gypsy.
I am tricky-tricky with a heart so sly,
And the boys-the boys they want to kiss me.

Am I white? So white?
Am I an easily-tanned-Euro-king?
Do I protesteth what’s right, so right?

Yes,for I am an inbred wasp -best beware my sting.

No comments:

Post a Comment