Thursday, March 29, 2012

New Hair Color, New Attitude: Do Ombre Blondes Have More Fun?


With graduation fast approaching and the crushing realization that my life at JMU will soon be over, I wanted to close this chapter of my life with a bang and open my next one as a blonde. Really. I know this decision may seem somewhat drastic, but I’ve been thinking about coloring my hair for quite some time. This is the first time I have ever colored my hair, so I wanted to lose my hair dying virginity with a hue I would absolutely love. I went in for a consultation and my stylist suggested ombre. Initially, I was rather skeptical because I was sure I wanted blonde, but ombre was the perfect combination, honoring the brunette I’ve been for the past decade and a half as well as the blonde I was at 4 years old. For those of you who don’t know, ombre hair coloring consists of a smooth variation in tone or shade, usually darker at the top transitioning into a lighter shade toward the bottom. For me, we kept my brunette coloring at the top of my head, altering the lower portions of my natural locks into a warm, sandy blonde color. Needless to say, I am absolutely thrilled with the results and couldn’t have asked for a better stylist. If you’re interested in getting ombred, contact Krystyne Mays at The Studio Hair Salon & Day Spa in Harrisonburg, I promise you she won’t disappoint! (I have also been provided with services from Valeria, another amazing hair stylist, and Laurel, another very talented aesthetician, both of whom have always given me quality work. So please, please, please request any of these lovely Studio ladies if you’re ever in need of an exceptional salon service!)




My before...

The back of my un-colored mane...

The front of my uncolored mane...

No one's never too old for a mirror pic!

About to go under the knife...

I have to admit, I was a little nervous- It was only my first time!

Cousin It loves to get his hair done too...

What a heartbreaker.

I got a little bored under the hair drying machine- I literally felt like my scalp was going to melt off.

What can I say? I just love my bracelets.

I also got incredibly bored as my hair was getting un-foiled/washed. What a pretty painting!

Yay! The final product!!

And again!

Just a side peek...

Thanks Krystyne!

...ombre blondes have way, way, way more...


fun!

Thanks so, so, so much for reading!!!! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment