Friday, November 9, 2012

Boy Problems: Why are they SO Mean?


I don’t know about you, and I’ll just put it simply, but it really hurts my feelings when boys are mean to me for no reason. About every girl I know has been there, so I want to get to the bottom of it once and for all answering the following question: why are boys just so, unnecessarily mean?
I’m a hard worker, I go to school, and I take pretty good care of myself. I’m not an awful person and I’m sure many of my female readers aren’t either. We definitely don’t deserve this type of treatment and we certainly don’t need an extra stressor in our already hectic lives. So I’ve really been trying to uncover the source of it all, leading me believe that it stems from their adaptation to our current social roles, with a need to adopt a strong, infallible image, which is fine, but it does not allow boys to treat girls with disrespect. 
I am telling you (and this is directed to my male readers), when you disrespect a girl, whether by the silent treatment or through explicit insults, it will come back to you, so just quit while you’re ahead and just try to play nice. You will not win someone over by being so mean, and I really don’t know why guys believe it’ll win anyone’s heart. It’s seriously just really annoying... (I tried to keep this post short and sweet, and I could definitely keep going, but I feel, especially regarding this situation, less is more-  just don’t be mean!!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm certainly guilty of this, mostly in the past; pretty much anytime before college. Four years of college has really changed the way I act towards women. It doesn't so much deal with women's social roles, it is more so that I have more maturity and realize the ramifications of acting like an asshole...to put in bluntly.

    ReplyDelete