Thursday, November 8, 2012

Eloise’s Essentials for the Holidays: What are the Basics?


With the holidays fast approaching, some girls are still unsure about what to look for when they go shopping. So, in order to save some time and money for my stylish little readers, I’ve devised a list of essential basics for the holidays. Please note that the items I’m listing are so basic, that they are likely found from thrift stores to TJ Max to Nordstrom to, of course, Anthropologie. I know I’ve said this in previous posts, but you do not need to spend more money to have more style, you just need to know what to look for. So here it goes...

Red Felt Skirt 
Okay, so this is a cute way to show off your legs and stay a little warm during the cold holiday months. Paired with some leggings, tights, boots, a navy or creme top, you'll have a basic that will last forever! (And one that you can dress up with some gold jewelry and heels for a night out, especially when those boring holiday parties become a little too much...) 



The Peasant Top
I have recently fallen in love with the peasant top, not only for its unique look, but also for its comfort. I usually wear this type of piece with skinny jeans, but it could also work tucked into some dress pants with a blazer, or even with a cute pencil skirt. (I actually have a white one that looks adorable tucked into my red felt skirt along with some brown boots...) 





Unique Outerwear
I understand that this an incredibly broad basic essential, but with the holidays, comes colder weather, which comes more creativity to express yourself through outerwear. I'm not saying, by any means, that you need this specific piece, but I'm just encouraging you to look for a jacket, or vest (I have a jean one!) that makes a style statement while keeping you warm. These items are my absolute favorite pieces of outerwear that I've ever owned and I wear them all the time!!



Flannel Top
This is a really basic style necessity as well, but the varying colors in these types of garments provides room to mix and match with scarves, jewelry, and other fun accessories, allowing it to look unique and new every time it is worn!


Jean Top
The jean top, similar to the flannel top, provides the opportunity to mix, match, and become a little creative with your own unique style. It is even more basic than the flannel, really allowing you to experiment with different types of looks. However, I would never wear this with a basic jean to avoid the risk of clashing, segueing into my next basic piece...



A Colored Pant
I have all different types of pants, but my absolute favorite are my red Stevie's. They are so adaptable and give me room to play around with awesome looks. Paired with either stilettos or boots (or even one of my peasant or jean tops) they still look so cute!! (My red Stevie's are currently in the laundry so I couldn't provide a picture, sorry...) Just imagine red pants...

Scarves
How can I have a list of basic fall and winter clothes without scarves? I swear by these accessories, and own scarves every color of the rainbow. Though they seem a little fragile, these pieces are a cheap and easy way in making an outfit look different every time!

My hanger of scarves...


Okay, so those are some of my favorite basic pieces for the holiday seasons. I know I left a few out (boots, skinny jeans, coats, holiday dresses, nude pumps etc.), but I'll list some of more of my favorites in another post! Promise!! (Don't wanna overwhelm anyone with all of this style info...)





No comments:

Post a Comment