Saturday, March 2, 2013

Colors, Colors, Colors: What Do Yours Say About You?

A Hindu woman wearing a bindi on her forehead,
representing her third eye.

One of my favorite aspects about dressing up, down, and choosing outfits for school, work, or play is mixing and matching the colors of the clothes I wear. I love color, and I could go on about how much I adore the various hues of nature, the beautiful glimmer of a golden sun hitting a crisp, blue ocean over the summer, and even the transition of the green summer leaves into a mesmerizing mixture of oranges, yellows, reds, and browns during Fall. 
Style is not only a mere, frivolous interest to me, it is one of my true passions, devotions, and loves. Style is not defined by how much money you have, how many pieces of clothing are in your wardrobe, or the cost of your favorite dresses, it is characterized by the individual. I’m about to get a little philosophical, but I wholeheartedly believe that the colors anyone chooses to wear is a visible extension of their spirit, sublimely illustrating an unconscious feeling, emotion, or deep sense of awareness. Sometimes, we don’t even realize we’re projecting a certain aspect of inner beings when we dress. So, in this little post, I intend to provide my readers with an understanding of what some of our favorite colors represent in the metaphysical sense, and what these foundational colors say about who we are and, of course, what it says about us when we wear them.
I’ve discussed the aura in a previous post, but I provided more of an understanding of its construction rather than the differing colors the aura projects, which is also a critical aspect of the aura’s fundamental design. These colors, believe it or not, are very present in our wardrobes...

RED
It may not come as a surprise, but this vibrant color represents passion, energy, sexuality, will power, and self esteem. People who wear red get noticed. I’m wearing it right this second and I’ve already fallen victim to its magnificent powers!! Side note: As I hate being too matchy-matchy (a BIG no-no in my eyes!!), I chose to embellish my red top with blue earrings and a gold necklace- balances so well together! I’ll get into what blue indicates shortly...

ORANGE
I love orange. It represents creativity, excitement, production, and stamina. It is similar to red in that they both represent strong energy, but orange is more emblematic of one’s ability to produce or create. It provides a more focused energy based on passion.

YELLOW
Okay, now this is absolutely one of my favorite colors, and I don’t have a particular favorite, because I love so many, but yellow is definitely in my top 3. Anyway, yellow represents optimism, playfulness, intelligence, and, like orange, creativity. Yellow always puts me in a good mood and I simply cannot get enough of it.

GREEN
Green is also another incredible color, representing growth, peace, harmony, and respect for nature, people, and living beings. For example, green would likely be a prevalent color in a doctor, teacher, or nurse’s aura.

BLUE
I absolutely love blue! Like I said, I’m wearing blue earrings to compliment my red shirt! This color represents clarity, honesty, communication, spirituality, and, like green, also peace. It doesn’t surprise me that blue and red work really well together- the deeply calm nature of blue balances out the strong vigor of red really nicely!!

INDIGO
Indigo is our third eye, representing intuition, sensitivity, and that deep sense of knowing. This color is prominent in the Hindu religion, in which the third eye chakra is often viewed as one of the most valued aspects of the spirit, often celebrated with a bindi.

VIOLET
Violet is very similar to indigo primarily for its connection to the intuition. In some senses, it is basically an extension of the indigo color. Indigo is our intuition, but violet represents our intuitive connection to a higher being, the universe, and spirituality. Indigo is our basic intuition that almost everyone has, but violet represents true psychic energy. So, if you’re feeling a little foggy, incorporate some violet in your wardrobe!!

So there you have it!! There are obviously more colors found in the aura, but these are the main ones. I’m telling you, even if you don’t incorporate these colors in the clothes you wear, you can incorporate them into your life somehow. Need a little more green?  More violet, indigo, blue, orange, or yellow in your aura, too? Believe it or not, all of these colors are found in nature. Pick some green grass, some beautifully colored flowers, or even a rose and keep it in a container by your bedside overnight. Don’t be afraid to awaken your spirit with some color! It makes such a difference, especially if you know what these colors do for your own well-being, happiness, and, of course, aura.

No comments:

Post a Comment