Friday, January 3, 2014

"Black Sheep" by Eloise Banting

She said the help you need is on its way,
And you'll feel better than you do today.
She said you are but a little black sheep-
While her full name is Little Bo Peep!

I offer not much to her field,
I do not have wool like the others yield,
But I am something great and she will see-
That one day the world will appreciate me!

My wool is thick but my skin is thicker,
My spirit streams with a firing flicker!
But my therapy lies on the stage,
And my rehab lies in the novel's page.

I find peace in the words that I love to rhyme,
Name a sheep who can do that all the time!
But a blank page will always save the day,
And pure sweetness will always come my way.

It'll come when I stop messing up,
When there is no silly poison in my cup!
It'll come when I see that line of silver and gold-
It'll come when I finally do what I'm told!

But the fire inside me will always remain,
My truth isn't for anyone to restrain!
But I'll come back when I am better,
And I'll work harder than your furry setter!

But she said you are but a little black sheep,
And you are the reason for the songs we weep!
She says you're difficult-you're always the latest,
But I'm leaving so I can come back only the greatest!

No comments:

Post a Comment