Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 1: What Did You Wear Today?



 So, I had to go to court this morning (don’t worry- I was on assignment for a paralegal course...) and I wanted to choose an outfit that was appropriate for my little legal adventure, making it clear to the world that I’m a no-nonsense, cut-to-the-chase, serious student of law (on a good day...) 
Anyway, so here’s what I scrounged up from my wardrobe...
One of my favorite beaded belts(...I feel so naked w/o accessories...)
Pewter lined statement earrings embellished with faux diamonds...

A black peplum dress by Ganni- and, yes, it is one piece. **Many are turned off by the peplum look, which is understandable because it accentuates the hips, but, when paired with a tighter, fitted bottom (i.e. a pencil skirt, skinny pants, etc.) a peplum top has the potential to look incredibly flattering- it's all about what you pair a peplum piece with!!**

And the final look paired with  black opaque tights, topped off with a pair of black boots.
So this is basically how my posts will look for the next 20 days. I would love input from my readers, so please don't be shy. Please trust my fashion voice and understand that in no way am I encouraging people to shell out their pockets for clothes (despite the fact that I have no problems doing that for myself...). In all honesty though, more money does not buy more style- anyone could go to Target and find the cutest outfit in the world, so please don't think that I'm a snooty fashion princess, because I'm not...Even though my current outfit makes me feel a little ashamed (wearing sweats and a baggy t-shirt for my Pilates class at 4:30...andddd I just noticed that it's 4:05-better hurry...)

No comments:

Post a Comment