Sunday, December 23, 2012

Day 16 AND Day 17: Who Are Your Fashion Idols?

I woke up yesterday morning (Saturday) yearning to make a statement with my outfit, so I drew inspiration from Brigitte Bardot, who was known for her daring looks, undeniable sex appeal, and fierce persona. She is so iconic in the world of fashion and I wanted to rock a classic, legendary Bardot outfit- complete with big hair, smokey eyes, and nude lips. Today, however, I wanted to tone it down a little and sport an ensemble that was both simple and chic. No one executes the latter looks better than Lauren Conrad- so here's what I came up with...

Lauren Conrad in Yoana Baraschi.
Love you Brigitte!
This is the Rosegold Stripes Dress by Sachin & Babi that I wore yesterday.  Very cute and very Brigitte!
This is the statement necklace that I paired with the dress. The gold, brown, and creme tones in the piece  complement the central "Rosegold," or light pink, hue of the dress.
Clear black glass earrings - I'm starting to wear these so much lately!! Definitely on their way to becoming one of my "go-to" pieces. :)
My Brigitte hair, my Brigitte eye-makeup, and my Brigitte lips...
Day 17 starts here!!

So I caved in and bought Lauren's Yoana Baraschi dress. Anyway, the detailing of the piece is absolutely exquisite, the stitching is perfect, and the construction is phenomenal. I would've documented this outfit in a full length mirror, but I thought the orange and yellow paint provided a unique background for this little dress... I love the colors in this picture<3

And, again, my clear glass earrings- I love 'em!!!

P.S. Who are your favorite fashion icons?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment