Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 9: Is It 4th of July Yet?

It's currently exam week and, like most students roughing it during finals, I find it a little difficult to get up in the mornings. So, to cure my bout of test anxiety, I thought to myself: What could I wear today that would get me excited enough to leave my warm, comfy bed?? Naturally, I thought of my tutu (one of my favorite pieces of clothing!!), so I built today's outfit around that. Surprisingly, it looks like a 4th of July ensemble...

My accessories-- a pink beaded necklace paired with silver, geometric earrings, embellished with faux-diamonds.

Metallic beaded belt- You will definitely be seeing more of this...
Okay, so I wore my Alexander Grecco tutu with a blue button down, sleeveless Elevenses top. I tied the bottom ends of the top to show a fraction of my midriff, which accentuated the belt and balanced well with the tutu's intense statement. Had I chosen a baggier top, I would've been lost in all of that fabric...
The outfit as a whole...




Just a closer look at the way the pieces work together...
Okay, so it's a little cold in my house and I have to head out later to take another exam (my last one!!) and, since I'm already awake, the tutu served its purpose. But I kept the accessories,  changed into a pair of black leggings (not the fleece ones I wore yesterday...) and switched the Elevenses button-down for my favorite $15 H&M top (which I've had since my junior year of college!) Took about 15 seconds to change into a completely different look, while keeping the central accessories for both outfits!
P.S. What are some key pieces you just can't seem to let go?!?





No comments:

Post a Comment