Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 10: Need Some Late Night Style Tips?

I literally wrote my blog post, but it got deleted right before I was about to publish it. Maybe Karma's trying to tell me something? Anyway, since my fashion posts are pretty simple to compose, I thought I'd just suck it up and re-write it. So my original post discussed the importance of incorporating colors into an outfit that complement one another rather than ones that match each other. However, I'm not saying that all pieces of an outfit must be in a different color, just the pieces that make the most unique statements. Wearing statement pieces of a matching, identical color in an outfit can sometimes look incredibly tacky, whereas wearing pieces that consist of complementary colors looks fabulous. So, today I chose an outfit based on one of my favorite color combinations: turquoise and orange.


My black, clear glass earrings with golden lining.

My turquoise necklace with gold links combining the varying-sized pieces of turquoise. When I bought the piece, no two necklaces were the same and they all came with differently shaped pieces of turquoise! But I wore this piece specifically for the purpose of complementing the orange Sam & Lavi blouse I rocked today...
All of the pieces together! 

I wore this skinny belt from Express with the ensemble, which worked perfectly with each piece! As you can see, the central statement pieces of my outfit are the blouse (orange) and necklace (turquoise), so the fact that I wore a black belt and black earrings does not detract from the impact of the ensemble. Even though they match, the belt and earrings in this particular outfit only play supporting, background roles, so it's cool, but they are crucial in the final execution of the look!

Here's the whole outfit! I wore light, olive-green, skinny Paige pants of a cottony fabric and, because of their neutrality,  they balanced really well with the intensity of the blouse and necklace combination.
P.S. What are your favorite complementary colors?

No comments:

Post a Comment