Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 11: Just a Velvet Crush???

I had a few errands to run this morning so I was in a mood to wear something super super comfy. I dressed my sweats up a little with some statement earrings- rocking the "just-rolled-out-of-bed" look with a flair of chic (If that's even possible..) Anyway, I had work at 5 so I had to change into an ensemble with a little more pizzazz. Here's how it went down...


So, here I am sporting some basic gray leggings, a baggy t-shirt, and a University of Athens sweater I purchased over a year ago when I studied abroad in Greece. Though this ensemble is seemingly simple- I still paid attention to the way each piece fell over my frame- layering the baggy t-shirt under the sweater to provide a more flattering, defined shape. It's the little things that count!!!
I wore these earrings with the latter outfit- couldn't help myself!!! I wear them all the time!

Unfortunately, I had to say bye-bye to the leggings by 5 today and change into a work-appropriate look. I'm sporting a purple crushed velvet blouse by Tiny, a brown belt, and some basic skinny jeans from J.Crew. I topped the look off with the following pieces of jewelry...

This is a cream, tear drop earring outlined with faux diamonds and gold wiring...

This is a simple gold necklace I wore, complete with evenly spaced circular embellishments- each decorated with a brown-beaded center...

A basic brown belt...

Just a clearer picture of my Tiny blouse. As you can see, the crushed velvet does not cover the entire piece, just the front- which, in a sense, "casualizes" the top- providing it with a little more wear-ability. Specifically, this top has the capacity for work and play... I love it! :)
P.S. How would you rock crushed velvet?


No comments:

Post a Comment