Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 5: Voulez-vous [habiller] avec moi, ce soir?


I had to think fast on my feet in regards to the outfit I wore today, which, of course, I've become quite a pro at...But my mom invited me to a "Naughty and Nice" Christmas party approximately an hour before it started, and I wanted to represent both teams so I drew up inspiration from the Moulin Rouge. Here's what I came up with...

The Ypres Tulle Dress by Moulinette Soeurs I rocked today :) And no, that skinny model is not me...


A closer view of the fine detailing in the bodice- it's very reminiscent of that classic turn of the 19th-century piece we've come to know as the corset.  

The waist of the dress is embellished with a black ribbon (which could easily be replaced with another belt for a totally different look...), while the skirt of the piece is layered with black tulle. 

I wore the dress with this gold sequined scarf,  lined with fringed thread.  
Some black pumps with golden sequins at the toes...

This is what the scarf looked like on, but someone could wear this scarf in other ways (for instance, the fringed detailing does not need to be so apparent- I merely discovered the look with the scarf and thought it was awesome.) Needless to say, I didn't wear a necklace with my ensemble because the scarf made much more of a statement, so I just paired it with pink earrings lined with gold- this picture doesn't really capture the latter well...

The final look!!! I was SO happy with the outcome that I think I may wear the dress again this weekend- of course, with different accessories, but I love how each piece of the outfit works so well together,  creating such a classy yet playful image.
Okay, well, thanks for reading!! I need to go practice my can-can now...  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment