Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 6: How Do You Rock Key Pieces?

Alright, so it's almost a week into my clothing experiment and I thought I'd share some of my little style tricks with everyone. Seriously, I live for figuring out different ways I can rock an outfit and making seemingly boring pieces look different every time they're worn. Here's what I come up with today... (I'm going through the course of the outfit step by step!)
P.S. I literally changed into my pajamas and ate dinner when I came home from work about an hour ago and, as I was eating, I completely forgot about recording my outfit today- so I changed back into the outfit for the post approximately 20 minutes ago... These pictures are, in every sense of the word, hot off the press! Enjoy xx 
Also, how could you wear one of your favorite dresses over and over again?

Step 1:
So this is my Bordeaux Scoopback Maxi Dress that I wear fairly frequently- but I thought I'd change the look of it up a bit. So, for a similar final look (that you'll see at the end of this sequence of pictures), find a basic, neutral key piece you own, like my Maxi dress, that could work well with other colors and accessories. Note the waistband present in the dress- you'll understand why in a sec...

Step 2:
Now find a garment that complements the central piece of the outfit- For this particular dress, I chose a thin sweater-like black top that fit comfortably over my dress.

Step 3:
Make more of a statement in your outfit by pairing it with accessories- I chose to accentuate my waist with a jeweled belt. (For a closer look, wait till you get to the end of my little picture show so you can see the fine detailing of the belt and the wooden clasps on the piece!)

Step 4:
Rearrange the central piece of the outfit in a way that makes it look like a completely different garment. For me, I tucked the lower portion of the piece into the waistband of the dress to create an undulating look, causing the fabric to cascade smoothly over my frame. I can't tell you how many people thought that I was wearing a skirt today...
I wore these pieces of jewelry with the outfit today...

And here's a closer look of the belt I wore! Isn't she beautiful??!
What are ways you wear your favorite clothes to make them look different every time?? I'd love to know!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment