Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 8: Can Black and Brown Work Together?

I really don't know where this little myth arose, but I'm here to dispel it once and for all- black and brown can go together. Trust me, I work in high-end women's retail and I pair them together, so do my customers, as well as my co-workers. I believe that if black and gold work together, so can black and brown because, after all, a light brown is basically non-metallic gold. So, please, don't be shy when it comes to experimenting with these shades, like I did today...

The brown wicker belt I paired with my ensemble...

My earrings and necklace....

A closer look at the necklace...

And a closer look at the earrings!!
The outfit all together- I found this dress for $20 on sale and I have no idea what the brand or size of the piece is. Anyway, I'm also wearing the comfiest fleece leggings- a definite necessity for fall/winter! You can find them everywhere for incredible prices and I wear them all the time! As you can see, the leggings and camisole I'm wearing are black, and my belt is brown and there are hints of brown shades in the dress. These tones clearly work well together, so I encourage my readers to brave it and pair black and brown in their next outfit!!
P.S. Do you like black and brown tones together?



No comments:

Post a Comment